Not sure how to replace the membrane on your Turtle Tough Black Series Dissolved Oxygen sensor? Learn how easy it is, with our step by step video.
You will need:
- Black Series dissolved oxygen sensor
- 1M Potassium Hydroxide solution
- DO membrane replacement kit
- Sharp blade beaker (100ml)
- Membrane alignment guide
- Remove the membrane by taking the components on the tip of the sensor.
- Remove the O-rings (for easy removal: run water across the tip to lubricate the tip and slide the collars and then remove the o-ring).
- Remove the old membrane and rinse the tip to eliminate the potassium hydroxide on it. Take a tissue and dry it to remove any dirt or debris left. (Make sure the tip it's nice and clean).
- Get the new membrane out and place it onto the membrane positioner. Centred it over the top and place the collar down firmly until you have a nice tight membrane.
- Grab the potassium solution. Hold the sensor in a vertical orientation with the tip upwards and place one drop of electrolyte on top of the tip to get a perfect seal.
- Drop the membrane positioner in place to get the perfect tension on top of the tip of the sensor.
- Grab one of the collars and push it down into position.
- Remove the membrane positioner.
- Slide the collar down in place pushing it until you reveal the channel for the o-ring.
- Slide the o-ring into place followed by the other collar into place.
- Rinse and dry the tip off.
- Remove the excess of the membrane using a sharp blade score around the bottom of the red collar.
- Replace the protective cap and you are ready to go!