Get tips and advice on the best way to install and connect your sensors, plus hardwiring instructions.
Learn how to care for, store, clean and maintain a Turtle Tough sensor.
Learn how to overcome common measurement problems.
Find instructions for hardwiring your Turtle Tough sensor to your analyser.
The DSS Handheld Field Communicator is specifically designed for field calibration and configuration of DSS Turtle Tough sensorsInterfaces with Turtle Tough pH/ORP, Dissolved Oxygen, Conductivity sensors with DSS output technology
Compatible with a Hot-Swap sensor maintenance regime
Calibrate and configure at any location retaining all values
Portable 9V battery-powered communicator to calibrate and configure DSS smart digital sensors with Modbus RTU output at any location desired while still retaining all values stored including the last calibration performed. Can perform in-situ offset calibrations and spot measurement in the field. Intelligent Software The intelligent software on DSS communicator auto-detects sensor type connected and loads the appropriate options such that one communicator can interface all possible types of DSS Smart Digital Modbus sensors.
The intelligent software on the DSS Handheld Field Communicator auto-detects sensor type connected and loads the appropriate options such that one communicator can interface all possible types of DSS Smart Digital Modbus sensors.
Access to real-time data in no time
• Real-time data acquisition of measured process parameter
• All calibrations and diagnostic details about the installed DSS smart digital sensor for intelligent remote management and troubleshooting capabilities
Input data ranges and maximum resolution measurements
• pH range of -2 to +16 with 0.001pH resolution
• ORP range of ±1000 or ±2000mV; 0.1mV resolution
Dissolved Oxygen range
• 0.00-150.00 ppm (0.0-1,500.0%); 0.01mV resolution Raw conductivity input ranges for K=0.01/cm to =20.0/cm cells:
• Standard Range 0-400,000 μS/cm High Range 0-4,000,000 μS/cm
• Ultralow Range 0-4,000 μS/cm • Salinity 0-50.000 PSU, TDS 0-100,000 ppm, Resistivity 0-20.000 MΩ
• Temperature range of -40 to +210 °C with 0.1 °C resolution
Optimal accuracy calibration
• Perform 1-point offset anywhere in the range. Slope calibrations are automatically assigned for acidic or alkaline pH ranges yielding a 3-point point overall calibration scheme with a dual-slope for optimal accuracy at any pH. Click here to see our video of how to perform a 3-Point calibration of a pH sensor, using the Handheld Field Communicator.
• Dissolved Oxygen sensor calibration is fully automated dry in the air (no solutions needed)
• Perform slope offset calibration dry in air for true zero point
• Perform slope calibration anywhere in range using either a known standard or else in-situ reference against offline grab sample analysis
• Automatic Temperature Compensation is user-adjustable from 0.00 to 9.99 % per °C as most suitable for the specific process chemistry
Quick connect cables to 1,000 meters
• NEMA 6P & IP67 rated waterproof
• DSS4M & DSS4F quick connectors for rugged field use
|Product name||DSS Handheld Field Communicator|
|Interface||All Turtle Tough DSS pH/ORP, Dissolved Oxygen, Conductivity sensors|
|Sensor technology compatibility||DSS technology|
|Housing||ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene|
|IP Class||Housing IP40|
|Connection||DSS4PF Female Quick Connector Plug (to suit the DSS4M male quick connector plug)|
|Temperature||Usage -15 to +50°C|
|Weight||130 Grams with a battery (100 Grams without a battery)|
|Dimensions||D 26mm x W 60mm x H 120mm (1.0" x 2.4" x 4.7")|
|Power Supply||9V Alkaline Battery|
|Consumption||~45 mA with an Energised DSS Sensor|
|Battery Life||~6 hrs Alkaline or ~12 hrs Lithium. Auto shutdown after 25 seconds* without communication|
|Baud Rate||9,600 or 19,200 Kpbs|
|Warranty||12 Month Conditional Warranty. Please go to turtletoughsensors.com/support/warranty-returns|
Extreme sensors call for extreme analysers and the Turtle Tough range has been designed with exactly that in mind. Whatever the application, we have a range of Smart analysers and control options to interface with your DSS sensors. Click to view our range...
We have a range of Smart Dgital Systemaccesories to interface, calibrate, communicate with your DSS sensors. Click to view our range...